Photo

Xbox 360 Won't Read New Games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nero360GTX

Nero360GTX

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

I or better to say my friend has a problem. His Xbox won't read new games like Judgment or Injustice. The same discs were installed on my Xbox successfully. So far only those two won't work, older games like Black Ops 2, Halo 4 are all working fine so far. I do not see where the problem is, it could be the laser but why won't only those two work? He has a Phat Xbox and I have a Slim. I hope you can help.

Edited by Nero360GTX, 15 June 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#2 gameboyadvanced

gameboyadvanced

Wanted Wingman, got SniperFi

• LocationTell me When you Find it.
  • Currently Playing:Singularity

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

This can be mainly of bad burn.

Check the IMG burn settings,if using non liteon drive then,always overburn and set the layer breaker to 2086912

If everything is fine in above,then check if dvd is of good quality. If the dvd is in bad condition then try burning it to a new good quality. Verbatim dvd, They are best for burning the games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43666-8-5GB-Dual-Layer/dp/B0015Y9LQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319033121&sr=8-1

Edited by gameboyadvanced, 15 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Nero360GTX

Nero360GTX
  • Topic Starter

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

This can be mainly of bad burn.

Check the IMG burn settings,if using non liteon drive then,always overburn and set the layer breaker to 2086912

If everything is fine in above,then check if dvd is of good quality. If the dvd is in bad condition then try burning it to a new good quality. Verbatim dvd, They are best for burning the games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43666-8-5GB-Dual-Layer/dp/B0015Y9LQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319033121&sr=8-1

Like I already said. The same discs installed on my Xbox 360 without a problem. I also used Singapore Verbatim and an IHAS. I also have three more friends. The same discs worked for them too. I doubt it's a burning or disc problem. Maybe the laser but every other disc works for him (Crysis 3, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Far Cry 3, etc.). It's realy strange...

#4 gameboyadvanced

gameboyadvanced

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Like I already said. The same discs installed on my Xbox 360 without a problem. I also used Singapore Verbatim and an IHAS. I also have three more friends. The same discs worked for them too. I doubt it's a burning or disc problem. Maybe the laser but every other disc works for him (Crysis 3, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Far Cry 3, etc.). It's realy strange...

Well if you are using an IHAS then it can be a bad burn problem. The Problem can be as you said with your DVD laser drive.

BTW when you insert the disc and the error appears,do the game image appear on the Xbox dashboard box that play game box,(you know the box where u can click and play,instead of reading automatically).

If the game image appears then the burn is bad and try doing it again with the right methods. There are plenty of tutorials by our users here,you can refer to them,

if not then,there is some problem with the procedure,or your laser. (Sadly i am not much of knowledgeable like out other members in IHAS [as i don't have it])

But you can try what i described and see if it works. You can post your result here so as if the problem still exists,our more expert members such as CS,Chaos,Rema will definitely solve your problem.

Make sure you run it through ABGX and everything is green.

Edited by gameboyadvanced, 15 June 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#5 Nero360GTX

Nero360GTX
  • Topic Starter

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well if you are using an IHAS then it can be a bad burn problem. The Problem can be as you said with your DVD laser drive.

BTW when you insert the disc and the error appears,do the game image appear on the Xbox dashboard box that play game box,(you know the box where u can click and play,instead of reading automatically).

If the game image appears then the burn is bad and try doing it again with the right methods. There are plenty of tutorials by our users here,you can refer to them,

if not then,there is some problem with the procedure,or your laser. (Sadly i am not much of knowledgeable like out other members in IHAS [as i don't have it])

But you can try what i described and see if it works. You can post your result here so as if the problem still exists,our more expert members such as CS,Chaos,Rema will definitely solve your problem.

I do not get it how it can be a bad burn if the same disc installs and plays fine on three other consoles. My friend says when he puts the disc in he gets "Play Game", if he tries to start it, he gets the message to clean the disc or even sometimes the console doesn't recognize the disc at all. Yes, it could be the laser but why does he only have problems with these two games... I just don't get it

#6 gameboyadvanced

gameboyadvanced

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

I do not get it how it can be a bad burn if the same disc installs and plays fine on three other consoles. My friend says when he puts the disc in he gets "Play Game", if he tries to start it, he gets the message to clean the disc or even sometimes the console doesn't recognize the disc at all. Yes, it could be the laser but why does he only have problems with these two games... I just don't get it

Well if the same game disc worked on diff. consoles then,there is a problem with his Xbox 360.

I suggest that please wait until CS or other members check this post,they probably will solve your problem.

#7 Chaos82

Chaos82
  • LocationEarth
  • Currently Playing:NBA 2K14 on xbox one

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

To me this sounds your friend has a bad or weak laser, if xgd3 games work on his console they should work , some games burn better then others , while they work on your console your friends laser may be struggling , you could try another burn and may be the burn quality will be slightly better thus making your friends laser able to read it, if still it doesn't work then a slight pot tweak may solve his problem but that can be a daunting task especially if only 2 games are not working, so all I can suggest is try burning again with proper settings , sadly these are the sort of problems ppl get when burning to discs , each consoles drive can differ .
Also these are the problems that made me get an xkey.
Can you please share your imge burn settings !

Edited by Chaos82, 15 June 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#8 Nero360GTX

Nero360GTX
  • Topic Starter

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

To me this sounds your friend has a bad or weak laser, if xgd3 games work on his console they should work , some games burn better then others , while they work on your console your friends laser may be struggling , you could try another burn and may be the burn quality will be slightly better thus making your friends laser able to read it, if still it doesn't work then a slight pot tweak may solve his problem but that can be a daunting task especially if only 2 games are not working, so all I can suggest is try burning again with proper settings , sadly these are the sort of problems ppl get when burning to discs , each consoles drive can differ .
Also these are the problems that made me get an xkey.
Can you please share your imge burn settings !

I have
Smart Burn
Force Hyper Tuning
Online Hyper Tuning

enabled.
I tried with 4x and OPC on and also with 2,4x and OPC off. Both times it worked on 4 consoles but not on his...

#9 DoomMax

DoomMax
  • Currently Playing:Rocksmith 2014

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

"Microsoft says you have no right to share games with your friends.."

but i think this time is a media problem

#10 CS

CS
  • Administrators
  • Currently Playing:God of War 1

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well we know for a fact that every console reacts differently to XGD3 games due to the varied dae.bin in each console so something that works on your console is not guaranteed to work on another console. However this doesn't seem to be a firmware issue rather a problem with this drive. Its been seen that games like Injustice, Gears of War Judgement, Metro Last Light, Dragons Dogma, Grid 2 etc have infact resulted in problems with various consoles and loads of people have been able to burn and play these games after countless bad burns. Which means that these games stress a console's laser more due to various reasons.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is to clean the console's lens just to be on the safe side. There are various tutorials for this on youtube and you'll find some details on this here

http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/topic/457-how-to-clean-xbox360

If this doesn't help then you should consider pot tweaking the drive. If the pot tweak works then thats pretty much all you need to do however the drive might be on its dying bed, so this might be of some concern to your friend.

What drive does his console have by the way? and the firmware?

#11 Nero360GTX

Nero360GTX
  • Topic Starter

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Well we know for a fact that every console reacts differently to XGD3 games due to the varied dae.bin in each console so something that works on your console is not guaranteed to work on another console. However this doesn't seem to be a firmware issue rather a problem with this drive. Its been seen that games like Injustice, Gears of War Judgement, Metro Last Light, Dragons Dogma, Grid 2 etc have infact resulted in problems with various consoles and loads of people have been able to burn and play these games after countless bad burns. Which means that these games stress a console's laser more due to various reasons.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is to clean the console's lens just to be on the safe side. There are various tutorials for this on youtube and you'll find some details on this here

http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/topic/457-how-to-clean-xbox360

If this doesn't help then you should consider pot tweaking the drive. If the pot tweak works then thats pretty much all you need to do however the drive might be on its dying bed, so this might be of some concern to your friend.

What drive does his console have by the way? and the firmware?

Ok, I do this and see what happens. If it's not working a new laser seems to be the only way out.
Drive from my friend: Phat LiteOn, LT+v3.0

Edited by Nero360GTX, 15 June 2013 - 04:44 PM.