Xbox Dns Error

dns

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ogfx

ogfx

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hey guys,

So since the last day I last asked the questions about LT+2.0 and 3.0 I have not touched my xbox...and I am trying now to connect and test for internet connection and it keeps giving me a DNS error! "The DNS server can't resolve XBOX Live server names. This may be a problem outside your home network, and you may need to contact your ISP."

...and this is the error status report:

W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 8015-1903
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L:8015-1903
Q:8007-0435
etc...the rest are my router config

Is there any fix to this pls! Kindly assist!

Thanks guys

#2 CS

CS
  • Administrators
  • Currently Playing:God of War 1

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Have you tried the solutions listed here?

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/191860.aspx

#3 ogfx

ogfx
  • Topic Starter

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Not yet...Let me try! Thanks... :)

#4 coolman

coolman
  • LocationCairo,Egypt

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Same problem with me

#5 ogfx

ogfx
  • Topic Starter

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Wow! I tried several times and still no luck to connect to the internet.....May I have been banned or something?. :sad:

#6 coolman

coolman
  • LocationCairo,Egypt

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

NO if you are banned you can connect to the internet and the xboxlive service but you can enjoy the features of the service

You may contact your ISP provider for more help

#7 Chaos82

Chaos82
  • LocationEarth
  • Currently Playing:NBA 2K14 on xbox one

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Have you tried to verify the Xbox 360's DNS settings?To do this, locate "My Xbox" on the Xbox Dashboard and select "System Settings" followed by "Network Settings," then "Configure Network." Once you are on the "Basic Settings" tab, select "DNS Settings" and ensure "Automatic" is selected. If automatic is selected and DNS cannot be resolved, then manual settings will have to be installed.
In order to manually enter DNS settings, you will have to obtain them from another network computer. If you are using Windows Vista, click "Start" and type CMD in the search box and press "Enter." If you're using Windows XP, then click "Start" followed by "Run." In the Run box, type CMD. Once the command window opens, type "ipconfig/all" and press "Enter." The network's IP information will appear in the command window. Locate lines of text that contain "DNS Servers." Write the two sets of numbers down. The first set (e.g.,192.168.0.1) will be input as your primary DNS, and the second set (e.g., 192.168.0.2) is your secondary DNS.
In the Xbox system's "DNS Settings" tab, select "Manual" instead of "Automatic" DNS settings and select "Primary DNS Server." Enter the first set of numbers you wrote down earlier. Then select "Secondary DNS Server" and enter the last set of numbers. Select "Done" and try connecting to Xbox Live again.

#8 coolman

coolman
  • LocationCairo,Egypt

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

When I write ipconfig/all in the cmd it gives me an error saying "this commad doesn't exist" what should I do as I'm using win vista netgear router .

#9 CS

CS
  • Administrators
  • Currently Playing:God of War 1

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Type 'ipconfig' give a space and then type '/all'. So it should be this 'ipconfig /all' (without the ' sign)

#10 ogfx

ogfx
  • Topic Starter

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

yes...I have my
ip: 192.168.1.13
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gatewy: 192.168.1.1
Dns1: 192.168.1.1
Dns2: 192.168.1.1

These are the settings on my pc! and its what i have also tried automatically and maually on the xbox!

any other ideas?

...and @chaos82 I like ur signature! :)

#11 coolman

coolman
  • LocationCairo,Egypt

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

hi you should contact your internet company "ISP provider"

#12 ogfx

ogfx
  • Topic Starter

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

okay....I think I will over the weekend! Thanks!

#13 Mateen

Mateen
  • LocationHindustan.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

If u have router please do some settings in it ( Virtual Server).

Posted Image

#14 ogfx

ogfx
  • Topic Starter

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I dont have a router...I have a LAN cable....

#15 coolman

coolman
  • LocationCairo,Egypt

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

If u have router please do some settings in it ( Virtual Server).

Posted Image

where is the image ???????

okay....I think I will over the weekend! Thanks!

Please tell me the result after u do it

#16 nemodeus

nemodeus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

Try using OpenDNS and see if you continue to get the same error. OpenDNS is just a free dns resolution service, you just use one (or both) of their ip addresses in the dns field (instead of 192.168.1.1). Then all of your dns requests will be forwarded through them instead of your ISP.

https://www.opendns.com/

see the bottom of the page where it says..
IP address:

Moderated Message:
Please remember to code all your links. This includes both internal and external urls. Refer to the forum rules for a detailed explanation of the community's guidelines.

http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/forum/30-forum-rules/

#17 sarcastixx

sarcastixx
  • Super Moderator
  • LocationScotland, UK.
  • Currently Playing:AC4 on the 360..leaving the XB1 for now!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

DNS errors are nearly always ISP related. In the case here, the DNS is actually residing on your gateway (home router).
In most cases, a reboot or even a system reset is normally enough to flush the DNS cache and allow the router to build a fresh table.

Manually setting the DNS on the xbox to match your ipconfig settings only does just that; match the settings.
If there is a fault with the DNS server itself, simply matching the settings will not work.
That said, manual config does good if your dns/dhcp/ servers and gateway are always on your home,local network as the xbox will not be constantly chatting to the router when it boots up.

Another DNS server will also be outside your own home network, usually hosted in a CMTS outside in your street (if on a cable network), or a DSLAM in a local exchange (if on ADSL connection).
This server is where most of your forward lookups will be performed by your own DNS server, and it will likely be that one that has issues.
If that is the case then unfortunately it is the ISP that has to deal with it.

Regional, hierarchal DNS servers are a critical component of the day to day functioning of the Internet.
ISP's are well aware of this and always make DNS issues a priority so it should quickly be sorted soon, if not already!